Choosing Designer Throw Pillow Fabric Types Patterns & Colors 2019
More than any other home accent, throw pillows can completely change the look of a space — updating a room for the season, or tying together a diverse color scheme — with little investment of time or money. With thousands of colors, prints, fills and fabrics to choose from, how do you narrow down the toss pillows that will work best in your space?
What Fabric Should You Choose?
There’s a good chance you’ll find throw pillows in almost any fabric you can dream of, but these are the most popular.
• Cotton. It is long-lasting, simple to wash and casual, making it an optimal option for households with kids or animals.
• Velvet. Velvet adds instant warmth to a space. Use it to give your home a cozy impression for winter.
• Fur/faux fur. Perfect for snuggling ur accents, Fur has been a major trend over the last few years for the plush, luxurious look it adds to sofas and armchairs. Beware, however: fur pillows are almost guaranteed to be dry-clean only.
• Linen. Like cotton, linen pillows are relatively low maintenance, since the fiber is usually blended with durable fabrics like cotton or polyester. Use linen to create a light, breezy atmosphere for summer.
• Wool. From needlepoint to cable-knit, wool adds a wintry, alpine vibe to a room. It’s best suited for colder months or mountain retreats.
What Pattern Will Match My Decor?
A simple print, a busy print, and a solid print. This is a basic formula that’ll help you narrow down your choices. Another way to think about it is — one small print, one big print, one solid. Your busy/large print should be on your largest pillows or the pillow that is front and center, as this print will usually set the tone for not just your pillow arrangement but the rest of your room. Plaids and stripes work well as small/simple prints.
What Color Will Match My Carpet, Drapes, Furniture?
When purchasing pillows or other accent pieces, look to the components that encompass your secondary color such as furniture or carpets. Select accessories that match a color in your secondary pieces, and there you have your accent color. Going for glamour? Try using a metallic shade like silver or gold for your décor accessories. Pillows and other accessory pieces should embrace your accent color so they pull your room together. If you are having trouble finding accessories that match, use our website to sort pillows into color categories!
What other things should you consider?
Shape and size of the throw pillows.
For the most dynamic look, vary the shape and size of the pillows you choose for a single piece of furniture. The most popular styles are square and lumbar.
• Square. Square throw pillows are the most common shape. If you like to change up the look of your décor frequently, stick to square throw pillows in standard sizes, which will make it easiest to find replacement pillow covers.
• Lumbar. Lumbar throw pillows have an oblong, rectangular shape and were originally designed to provide back support, but are now used more often for ornamental purposes, usually to offset square pillows or decorate an armchair.
Sometimes a great throw pillow is worth the splurge. It may sound crazy to spend $300 on a throw pillow when you could just spend $30, but here’s why I think in some cases it’s the way to go… Textiles can serve as art in a room. If you need a statement piece, a pillow is an easy way to add drama, color, and pattern instantly. Rather than having a pillow from a big box store that everyone and their mom has, you could hunt down an amazing textile that feels totally fresh and add something unique and exciting to your sofa.
Featured in many well known publications such as Modern Luxury Interiors and Home Accents Today, Square Feathers luxurious pillows adds the touch of drama your space deserves.
Hand picked fabrics and coverings from all over the world.
High quality raw materials sourced from local small businesses.
Highly skilled craftsman hand make your products in Austin, TX.
How are the products made?
When you purchase a Square Feathers pillow, the cloth is cut and hand-sewn onsite.
Satisfying you is our primary focus, and every item is thoroughly inspected for manufacturing defects prior to shipment.
Customization options vary between products. We manufacture to order, if there is a finish or style that's not available on our website please contact us directly at email@example.com or 512-301-2939.
Why buy Square Feathers?
Featured in Modern Luxury Interiors, Home Accents Today, IBB Design, D Home Magazine, Austin Monthly, Mountain Living and The Oprah Magazine
The entire Square Feathers portfolio is conceived and designed in-house by our Founder, Ron McIntyre, with a philosophy of pleasing and teasing a diverse range of tastes and sensibilities.
The Square Feathers style is unconventional yet elegant, inviting and playful, and inspires curiosity from interior design aficionados and novices alike.
Our products seamlessly blend traditional style with provocative, modern aesthetics.
With splashes of color, unexpected geometric patterns, and tactile textures, our goal us to initiate conversations and awaken the senses.
What if I am not happy with my purchase?
From handmade quality to personalized customer service, our mission at Square Feathers is to offer an unparalleled customer experience.
Our team is committed to making sure that you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Questions or concerns? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at 512-301-2939 M-F between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. CST.
No machines, no irritating menus; you’ll always speak directly to a member of our team to resolve your issue.